By Masterwing Creative Agency
Meta, the parent company of Facebook and Instagram, has launched a new app called Threads. Threads is a text-based social media app that is designed for small businesses and individuals to connect with their friends, family, and followers in a more personal way.
Over 10 Million People Signed up for Threads in First 7 Hours – Should you be one of them?
MasterWing Creative Agency Is On Threads
Follow Us At: www.threads.net/@masterwingcreative
What is Threads?
Threads is a standalone app that is connected to your Instagram account. This means that you can use your existing Instagram username and password to sign up for Threads. Once you’re signed up, you can start creating text-based posts, sharing photos and videos, and sending direct messages to your followers.
In the first 4 hours after Threads launched on July 5, over 5 million people joined. But why – what are the benefits of using Threads for your business or organization
Note: Some users are reporting if you try Threads and then decided to delete it, you’ll also delete your Instagram account. We can’t confirm that, so be ware!
What are the benefits of using Threads?
There are a few key benefits to using Threads for small businesses, nonprofits and community organizations.
- First, Threads is a great way to connect with your followers on a more personal level. You can share your thoughts, ideas and updates in a more informal way than you would on other social media platforms.
- Second, Threads is a great way to promote your business. You can use Threads to share news about your products or services, announce new promotions and drive traffic to your website or blog.
- Third, Threads is a great way to build relationships with your followers. You can use Threads to answer questions, provide customer support and get feedback from your customers.
Should you sign up for Threads?
Threads is a free app, so there’s no risk in giving it a try. Like any new platform, Threads will be loved by early adopters who love all new tech and social media, and then have others who wait and see if Threads “takes off” and how it is used by brands. If you’re a small business owner who is looking for a way to connect with your customers in a more personal way, then Threads is definitely worth checking out.
Tips for using Threads
Here are some tips for using Threads for your brand:
- Use Threads to share your thoughts, ideas and updates in a more informal way.
- Promote your business by sharing news about your products or services, announcing new promotions, and driving traffic to your website or blog.
- Build relationships with your followers by answering questions, providing customer support and getting feedback from your customers.
- Use Threads to connect with other small businesses in your industry.
If you’re already overwhelmed managing your small business or organization, don’t just jump on the Threads bandwagon!
- It’s better to use 2-3 social media platforms and use them consistently and strategically, versus being everwhere… and using them all poorly.
- What’s your Threads strategy? If you don’t know what to post or why on Threads, there’s no harm in holding off. In fact, it is often better to wait until you’ve found your Threads strategy and voice before you start posting.
- Are you on Twitter? Since Threads is designed to rival Twitter, if you don’t want to be on Twitter, why do you want to be on Threads?
If you want to make sure your brand name is available to use on Threads, go ahead and sign up. You can wait to post until you’ve decided on a strategy.
The Threads Bottom Line
Threads is a new social media app that has the potential to be a valuable tool for small businesses. Meta will put the power of Facebook and Instagram behind Threads, so it remains to be seen if Threads is a real “Twitter killer.” If you’re looking for a way to connect with your audience in a more personal way, then Threads is definitely worth checking out.